CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, August 18, 2008

The most important thing to me.

I met you at age fifteen.
I was never sure about us,
But I knew the way things seemed.
We were inseparable from the start
You and me.
It had to work somehow
We are meant to be.
Years passed
We kept in contact
As time flew by fast
You graduated from high school
And I was finally free
…For you and me.
We struggled to begin
But when we did…
The feelings were unbeatable from within.
“I love you” came quickly
We were thick as thieves
We spent all our time together immediately
When I look back on it now
I wish we would have slowed down
Not because I regret how it was
Only to enjoy more of the new us.
Days turned into weeks
And weeks into years.
Before I knew it four were under our belt.
Although it wasn’t always easy
I can’t describe how wonderful those years felt.
Time for the next step
We weren’t getting any younger
And our hearts were growing ever fonder.
On a cold day in December
You got down on one knee
And proposed all the love you had to me.
The coming months were a struggle
We faced a lot
We didn’t quite have it all together
But we made it out on top.
I am thankful for the bad times
As crazy as it may sound
We are stronger because of them, no more jagged edges
From this strength our life is becoming more round.
Your eyes are a web of entwined faith
It is for our future, which I cannot wait.
Bright blue doorways to your soul
Our past, present, and what we do not yet know
When I see through your blues
All I see is me and you.
Your touch is nurturing
Your embrace is all that and more
When your arms are around me
I can hardly control melting to the floor.
Your smile lightens up any room
When I taste your lips
I feel like I’m on top of the moon
Each kiss we share has a meaning
A friendly hello, a sad goodbye, sometimes passion and all its feeling.
You are my strong and brave man
Because you’re mine that makes me your biggest fan.
You are smart with many talents
If I named them one by one
I’d be here forever, with our time together being none.
The way you care so deeply, live so freely
Encourages me to stay unique, you complete me.
You’ve got compassion for others
Whether or not they are a brother, a friend, or your mother.
Your silly nature brings out the best in me
We can laugh until we cry, we always have fun
I can be as weird as I want to be
Thank you; with you I’m always free.
I live to let you shine.
You are my love, my partner, my best friend
No one could ever replace you
I will be with you until the very end.

0 comments: