CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Hollie's Top Ten + One

The following movies are ones that I highly suggest you watch if you haven't already. Enjoy!
1. Elizabethtown

This movie is my favorite so far. I thoroughly enjoy the way Cameron Crowe (director) portrays a truly disfunctional family. More often than not most movies show us what we want or expect to see. I love how believably real this film is.

2. Kill Bill Vol. 2

Where do I begin? I'll start with the fact that Uma kicks ass as the Black Mamba aka B*****x Kiddo, her role in Quentin's vision of a bride gone wrong. The cinematography in this film is so beautiful; its my favorite of the two because of this.

3. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Jim Carey and Kate Winslet are easy to fall in love with while watching this movie. Both of them play their characters so well and I think that's why the movie was such a big hit. The idea that you could actually erase someone to ease pain is miraculous.

4. Smokin' Aces

I love movies that compile a bunch of different characters into one plot and allow them all to meet eventually. This movie doesn't deprive you of great action scenes and the coolest gun power you've ever seen.

5. A Lot Like Love

Your close to typical love story/chick flick. After watching this movie I wanted to find the kind of love that was expressed in it. The kind where no matter how much time passed, no matter how hard you tried, you just couldn't get pass the fact that you were meant to be with this one person.

6. Donnie Darko

Make sure you watch this movie all the way through. The ending definately explains the majority of the film. I think each person will find and take something different from Mr. Donnie Darko.

7. Death Proof

Not one of Quentin's finest, but a fine one at that. Even though you can feel the destined gloom and horrible gory fate upon each character you meet you can't help but want to BE them.

8. Requiem for a Dream

This movie is not bright whatsoever. There are parts in the film that sicken me to an extreme extent. I love it for the story it tells and the light it sheds on drugs and addiction.

9. Superbad

If you've seen previews for Superbad I don't have to say much to convince you of its greatness. The humour in this film is unbeatable. Crude yes, but priceless. Oh, and by the way, I love Michael Cera (see http://www.clarkandmichael.com/).

10. Mystic River

Again another morose film, but a great one. In the scene of the picture you are viewing above, Sean Penn's reaction to what he's just been told is very believable. As sad as it is, it's almost one of my favorite parts in the movie. If you love drama, you'll love this movie.

11. HOT FUZZ
Last but not at all the least. I love british comedy because you have to search for its humour, it doesn't just lay it out for you. Simon Pegg is incredibly sexy to me because he is funny without trying and that accent...grrr! This movie goes hand in hand with Shaun of the Dead. Watch them both.

0 comments: