CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, August 7, 2008

Austin John Andersen

Twenty-two years ago today Austin was born, on March 28, 2007 he passed away due to a fatal accident. In the year and four months (almost five) that he has been gone, not a day has gone by where he hasn't crossed my mind. Some days are stronger than others, and some of course are harder than others.
I wish he were here today so that I could wish him a happy birthday, but since he's not I thought I'd honor him by writing this blog. Austin was a wonderful friend of mine, even though I only knew him for seven of his twenty years I feel special for having known him at all. I loved him for his infectious smile and his unbeatable hug. He and I spent many nights together laughing, talking, and trying to grow up in the world that we live in. I am certain that he touched not only mine but several lives in the time he had here on earth. I look forward to seeing him again one day when it's my time to move on.
The photo of him above was taken in my room, he had to have been about 15 or 16 yrs old. It is my favorite picture of him. The photo below is one I found of us (left and middle) being silly, we had to have been about fifteen years old, I'm guessing.
Anyway I miss the kid. HAPPY BIRTHDAY AUSTIN! I love you.

0 comments: