CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Ma muse, ma mélodie, je t'aime.


I've never been one of those people who hates any one genre of music. Don't get me wrong there are tunes that I am not fond of, particularly rap. But even so, there are still some rap songs I will jive to. If someone were to ask me what style of music I prefer, I don't think I would honestly be able to answer. My love for music is not because of who's behind it, it's from what I hear. One must allow the words and especially the melody to enter your soul. There are times that I love the lyrics because of how I can relate and other times when the words make no sense but the melody is utter bliss. I do not play music and though I wish I did I am still an avid music lover. My hope is to one day learn how to play an acoustic guitar; a strum from those strings could make any female melt and feel helpless to whatever its operator's requests might be.

I'm offering a tribute to all the wonderful music that I love. My favorites fluctuate by week and mostly just by my mood. When I'm feeling melancholy I typically tend to lean more towards melody. Rogue Wave-Eyes, The Shins-Black Wave, DC4C-Tiny Vessels, Damien Rice-The Blower's Daughter, Jon Brion-Theme to name a few. When I'm ready to dance and sing along Lady GaGa is a recent favorite. Since I was about thirteen I've been a sucker for Blink 182, they have a special place in my heart and could do no wrong in my eyes. I am very affectionate towards my dinner music-a topic I'll have to touch base on in another blog. I promise.

The best thing about music is the ability it has to take you somewhere extroadinary. We've all experienced the feeling, for me it only lies in certain artists or songs. There are songs that can make me cry or ones that can make me smile and feel warm inside. It's incredible.

I feel priviledged to have such a fine tuned relationship with music. It's one I won't ever give up.

Music: je t'aime. I love you.

2 comments:

Natasha said...

I love death cab and lady gaga!!

Ben and Lindsay said...

I am the same way, if someone were to ask me what music I like the best, I cannot answer! I really liked this post!
happy new year to you!