CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, July 14, 2008

Iclean4aliving aka Eileen

My Mom is everything to me. I'd have to say that I'm not a whole lot like her, but I'd like to think that I inherited my kind and caring heart from her. Her and I both have felt its more of a curse than a gift but all the same, it's better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all, right?
My sweet Mom has had her own cleaning business for 20 years now! (hence the nickname) For me it was a blessing that she ran her own business, she was able to take me to school and pick me up everyday. In the world we live in, that makes a lot of difference in a child's life. It was also fortunate for me, because I was able to help her while I was going through highschool here and there to earn an extra buck.
She also gave me my Greek temper and passion for life. Her parents are of Greek heritage, her Grandmother, my great-Grandmother also the woman I am named after (Katina), was an immigrant from Greece. Its fun during Lambros' gatherings and holidays to experience traditions and food that are out of the "norm." I love her for it. She's always teaching the kiddies silly Greek words-she always makes them laugh.
My mother has always had a nature of understanding. I can't remember a time when I haven't been able to turn to her and pour my heart out without judgement or ridicule.

Thank you for everything Mom, you'll always be my number one. I love you.

0 comments: